Verticy Learning provides an innovative academic solution for students in third through eighth grade who may experience challenges with reading and writing. Comprehensive lesson plans, proven Orton-Gillingham instructional methodologies, customized course configuration, individual learning plans, flexible pacing by subject, assistive technologies, innovative computer-based learning aids, and expert professional educator support combine to turn struggling readers into independent learners.
Verticy Learning is the curriculum of choice for students who demonstrate characteristics of a language-based learning difference whether or not they have a specific diagnosis. Verticy may be right for your child if he or she:
- Struggles with reading, writing, or spelling
- Experiences issues with memory and retention
- Performs below grade level in reading and writing
- Has difficulty decoding words
- Benefits from a variety of instructional techniques: visual, auditory, tactile and kinesthetic
- Exhibits frustration and may resist learning
Verticy Learning employs the world-renowned Calvert Curriculum as its foundation and adds dynamic and customized phonics/spelling and grammar/composition components to meet individual learning needs.
For more information, please visit Verticy Learning's website or contact the QDA office.