National Junior Honor Society
The National Junior Honor Society Selection Process
Every chapter has different qualification for membership based on the five pillars of National Honor Society: character, citizenship, scholarship, leadership, and service. Chapters are required to publish their selection procedures and methodologies publically. The National Junior Honor Society’s National Constitution publishes the general eligibility requirements that include:
- Attending school as a sixth, seventh, eighth, or ninth grader.
- Maintaining a minimum 3.0 (B) average
- Demonstrating volunteer or service hours
- Preserving an excellent record of attendance and behavior in and out of school
- Participating in leadership roles in extracurricular and/or community activities.
QDA NJHS Selection Process
1) All second semester students in6th (2nd semester), 7th, 8th or 9th grade who have maintained a 3.00 GPA.
2) Prospective members will be given a candidate form to complete that will assess their scholarship, character, service to others, citizenship and leadership. A firm deadline will be clearly stated on the candidate's form as well as through email.
3) After the deadline the candidate forms that are incomplete will be removed from consideration.
4) Remaining candidate forms will be evaluated by the prospective member's teachers and Instructional Supervisors who will rate the student on a scale of 1-4 for their scholarship, character, service to others, citizenship and leadership
5) Candidate forms will then be evaluated by the National Junior Honor Society Faculty Council. The council consists of five faculty members from QDA.
6) The Faculty Council will approve/deny membership based on teacher and Instructional Supervisor evaluations.
- Written by QDA
- Category: Student Clubs & Groups