Students must earn a total of 20 credits in the areas below and meet State of Ohio Test requirements in order to receive a high school diploma:
English Language Arts – 4 units
Health – ½ unit
Mathematics – 4 units
Must include 1 unit of Algebra II or the equivalent of Algebra II.
Physical Education – ½ unit
Science – 3 units
- Must include 1 unit of physical sciences.
- Must include 1 unit of life sciences.
- Must include 1 unit of advanced study in one or more of the following sciences:
- Physical Science
- Advanced biology or other life sciences
Social Studies – 3 units
- Must include ½ unit of American History
- Must include ½ unit of American Government
- Class of 2021 – Must include ½ unit of World History and Civilization
Electives – 5 units
- Must include 1 unit in economics and/or financial literacy
- Must include 1 unit of Fine Arts
- Students following a career-technical pathway are exempted from the Fine Arts requirement
Students must also meet state testing requirements.
- Written by QDA
- Category: Guidance